The Treatment Plan feature allows you to track consultations with a patient from a set date by the number or value (cost) of the consultations. This is particularly useful when dealing with third-party payers that approve a certain number of treatments, such as Medicare Chronic Disease Management plans (formally known as Extended Primary Care plans).
To create a Treatment Plan, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Billing Details tab of a patient file and click the Treat. Plan button.
Note that Treatment Plans can be configured per billing account, so you can have more than one treatment plan active at one time, one for each patient account.
The Treatment Plan dialog follows:
2. Choose the Account the Treatment Plan is associated with.
3. Check Treatment Plan Active.
4. Select whether the Treatment Plan is being tracked by the Number of treatment visits or by the Value of the treatment visits.
5. Select a Start Date.
6. Select an Expiry Date (if required).
7. Select the No. of Treatments that the patient has been allocated.
8. Set the Alert After figure, which indicates when you want to receive an alert on the billing/receipt screen.
9. Select Distinct Days Only to count only one treatment per day, regardless of the number of transactions on that day, select Distinct Days Only.
10. If it is a specific Item Code, Schedule or Item Group you’d like to track, check Only Track the following items and choose the appropriate option.
The Treatment Plan is now set up. As the patient is billed for their appointments, the Current Treatments and Calendar Year figures will increase accordingly.
A summary of Treatment Plan information is shown on the appointment book via the Appointment Tooltip:
Once the Alert After figure has been reached, the following message will appear when Billing:
The Treatment Plan Report displays the status of all patients who have an active Treatment Plan. This report is found in Reports > Treatment Plan Report.
The Treatment Plan Report dialog follows:
The following filters are available:
• Excluded Archived Patients – excludes patients that have been archived.
• Use Alert Trigger – will only show patients with an active treatment plan who have reached their predefined alert after figure.
• By Practice – if a particular practitioner or practice group is required.
• By Location – if a particular location is required (only available if Practice Locations are activated for a clinic).
• By Item – to list only those patients that have been billed under a particular Item Code, Schedule or Item Group.
• By Account – to filter treatment plans by the patients’ separate accounts.
• Patient Tracking – to list only those patients that have a particular tracking category set in their patient file.
Include if any will generate a report of those patients who have any of the selected tracking categories set in their file.
Include if all will generate a report of those patients who have all of the selected tracking categories set in their file.
Exclude will generate a report excluding those patients who have had the selected tracking categories set in their file.
Front Desk also includes specialised letter tags for Treatment Plans for use in Standard Letters. These letter tags can be used when generating a letter for the referring doctor, to include information from the Treatment Plan on a patient’s file. The following tags are available:
<<TPStartDate>> - Start Date of a treatment plan
<<TPAlert>> - Treatment Plan Alert
<<TPCurrentTreatments>> - Current number of treatment visits to date
<<TPTreatments>> - Total number of treatment visits allocated to the patient
<<TPAlertValue>> - Treatment Plan Alert Value (if the Value option is selected)
<<TPCurrentValue>> - Current value of treatment visits to date
<<TPTreatmentValue>> - Total value of treatment visits allocated to the patient